Saturday, July 3, 2010

From firewood to folk art




My friend John brought over some firewood so we could roast marshmallows the other day. Thank goodness we didn't roast those marshmallows, because then I wouldn't have this awesome American flag. This was the easiest craft just wood, paint and nails. The best part is the wood was already painted white. I even let the kiddos hammer in a few nails.
I am now ready for the 4th.
God bless America, land of the free and home of the brave!
I pray it will always be that way.
Trivia question: How many men signed the Declaration of Independence?

Linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic project! I love the old wood. Yay for not roasting marshmellows! Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the tip on the chalk pins!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest flag I have seen....so vintage! Love the "white" stripes that you left natural. I might even break down and put a flag somewhere!
    ~~Nancy~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore the worn look of this! Such a great piece and the fact that it is reclaimed wood is all the better! Fantastic job! I'll be featuring this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so totally cool! I love it!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by & commenting, Becky. YOU would like those bee note cards!

    As for the basement incident, I HAVE to keep a sense of humor to maintain sanity! That sweet boy is like Murphy's Law, I tell ya.

    I love how this flag turned out. I have about 4 ideas to make for next year & this is one of them. Thanks!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flag! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is an awesome creative project. we have a pile of old fence wood in the garage. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!