Thursday, January 5, 2012

instafriday

A few gifts...
Here is another upcycled denim throw like the one I made  here.  I made this for my lovely, wonderful amazing friend. It is very raw and was pieced together randomly and sewn together even more randomly. So far it is my favorite blanket I have made. I love the contrast of the faded denim and the dark indigo.

I also made a circle denim garland with the left over jeans. So it was totally free. I love free, don't you. I am thrilled with how it came out. I wrapped the throw in kraft paper and then wrapped the garland around it a couple of times. It looked great, I am just sorry I didn't take a picture.

Finally, Emily and I made a double batch of baked ziti and wrapped it up, used some post-it labels to label it. BTW, I totally recommend these labels they are great. Then I stuck it in the freezer. It is a gift for a night off from cooking! 
Woo Hoo!!
Yay for Friday!!!
AND 


I am going to jump right in even though I am late getting to the party!
6. Makes You Smile
Hershey's Carmel Kisses-it's the little things.

5 comments:

  1. Your denim quilt is great. How smart you are to make baked ziti. It is going to be wonderful to pull that out of the freezer for a night you don't feel like cooking. Seriously, that makes my day when I can open the freezer and do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice bit of denim recycling!! Love it!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the denim throw! I have quite a bit of denim laying around, and I was worried it would be too heavy for a throw.

    Thanks for sharing
    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the throw and the garland, Becky! I loved your first throw too but I agree with you on this one - the faded denim and indigo look awesome together. Thanks for thinking of my party! I'll be featuring.

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I already left you a comment on this post (which I still love!), but I wanted to stop by and let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! You can stop by at http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com to see all the details. It's just recognition for newer, smaller blogs that deserve a pat on the back for being fabulous!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!